Save the Date!
May 3-5 2017
About the Founder
Barbara Mowat, Founder and President
President, Impact Communications Ltd. & GroYourBiz Ltd.
2625A Alliance Street
Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada V2S 3J9
Tel: 604.534.5007 | Cell: 604.644.8298 | Fax: 604.533.2918
www.GroYourBiz.com | www.ImpactCommunicationsLtd.com
Barbara is a trade and international business development specialist, who has helped tens of thousands of businesses over the past 30 years. She is sought after by private companies, organizations, and governments around the world for her expertise and passionate support of fostering entrepreneurship, business development and growth, and creating win-wins through her extensive network.
Barbara is President of GroYourBiz and of Impact Communications Ltd., a multi-faceted consulting company that features management training and consulting, and international product, business, and market development for the global marketplace. She created the well-respected Uniquely Programs that assisted 12,000 Canadian entrepreneurs access increased markets, and created and owned a national magazine, a retail store, and an e-commerce site supporting home-based and small businesses. >Barbara is an international leader in the development of SME enterprises, whose work has assisted entrepreneurs and facilitated trade throughout Canada, South-East Asia, USA, South America, Europe, Afghanistan, India and Africa.
Boards and Committees
In a public service capacity, Barbara devotes considerable time and energy to sit on a number of boards and committees concerned with issues of promoting business development, which have included:
Membership in Professional Societies and Organizations
- Certified woman business owner of WBE Canada
- Organization of Women In International Trade (OWIT)
- Global Ambassador for TIAW (The International Alliance for Women)
- GroYourBiz Advisory Boards
- Centre for Women in Business
Barbara has been broadly recognized for her significant contributions and numerous achievements, including:
- 2014 Champion of Change Award presented by WPO Vancouver Chapters and GroYourBiz
- 2013 Vancouver’s YWCA Women of Distinction Connecting the Community Award
- 2011 Recipient of the TIAW Global World of Difference Awards for the advancement of women’s economic and social empowerment
- 2011 PWN (Professional Women’s Network) 15th Anniversary celebrating “most dedicated supporters of women in business”
- 2011 Order of Abbotsford
- 2010 Governor General’s Awards in Commemoration of the Persons Case recognizing outstanding individuals who have helped to advance equality for women and girls in Canada
- 2010 Ambassador Award for WBE Canada
- 2009 Global EXEC Women’s Canadian International Women of Influence Awards™ for Emerging/Growth Company
- 1994 Nominated for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneurship Awards in the category of “Supporter to Entrepreneurship”
- 1993 Winner of the Canadian Women Entrepreneur of the Year Award for Impact on the Local Economy
- 1992 Awarded the Commemorative medal for the 125th Anniversary of Canadian Confederation