- This event has passed.
Making The News: Easy Expert Tips & Tactics
March 21 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PDTFree
Presenter: Kathleen Rake
Owner, Click Media Works
What you will learn:
- What is a media release (really) and why is it a good idea to use one today?
- Identify your audiences so you get your news in front of the right eyeballs.
- Publicity vs. advertising: Know the difference so you’re not taken in.
- Style, format, distribution: How to write and send it.
- New (electronic) vs. legacy (broadcast and print) media.
Kathleen Rake is founder and proprietor of Click Media Works, a busy hands-on communications firm serving clients throughout North America. She brings more than 20 years of professional writing, copy-writing, and editing experience to “real-life people in real-world business.”
Kathleen, who believes good writing is the cornerstone of effective communication, especially in this drive-through hyperlink-and-emoji age, writes, edits, and develops writing workshops for
- industrial and commercial enterprises;
- charitable and non-profit organizations;
- government agencies and departments; and
- small business and the solo-preneur.
Kathleen Rake lives in Mission, B.C., located about an hour outside Vancouver in the beautiful Fraser Valley. She is married, has three adult children, and is a self-confessed perpetual student of wine.