GroYourBiz 2018 Fellowship Winners.
ANNOUNCING: With applications from across Canada, the USA and UK, we are thrilled to announce the 2018 winners.
• Jamie Gentry, “Love In Everything”, Sooke, BC. www.loveineverthing.etsy.com
(a Kwakwaka’wakw woman, Jamie comes from a family of talented artists and would like to inspire other First Nations people to follow their passions).
• Jocelyne Dodier, “Studiostone Creative”, Vancouver, BC. www.studiostonecreative.com
(From Quebec, Jocelyne hopes to teach 10,000 kids with her carving kits)
• Robin Peterson, “Seymour +Smith Reading Glasses”, Burnaby, BC. www.seymouransmith.com (creating a community of passionate fans who love how her readers make them feel).
• Nataghia Dore, “Made Simple of Saskatoon”, Saskatoon, SK. www.saskatoonmaidsimple.ca (goal is to make life simple allowing clients to use their life for other opportunities)
• Anu Bidani, “Stem Minds Corp”, Aurora, ON, www.stemminds.com
(creates “Fearless Learners” by offering STEM to youth between ages 4-18)
• Leyla Ansary, “Blooming Lives Montessori”, Markham, ON www.bloominglives.rocks
(takes pride in making sure the School is an extension to the family of children enrolled in their care).
• Kimberley Irwin, “Haircuts on Wheels”, Toronto, ON www.haircutsonwheels.ca
(mobile hair service servicing seniors at retirement homes to increase their wellness and longevity)
• Roxanne Tate, “Tate Engineering Inc.”, Oakfield, NS, www.tateengineering.com
(helps organizations minimize waste and eliminate chaos)
• Susan Kabani, “Ugenie”, London, UK, www.ugenie.io (the go-to user friendly community management tool for all communities and businesses).
• Charlie Stein-Cohen, “Net2Work”, London, UK, www.net2work.com
(an innovative platform for young people looking to be inspired and to connect directly with companies for opportunities offering work experience, internships, apprenticeships and jobs).
• Brandy Ferrer, “Pathfinder Strategies”, Tuscon, AZ, www.pathfinderstrategies.com
(create sustainable positive change and disrupt dysfunctional patterns and behaviours in the workplace.)
These awards would not have been possible without the support of our GYB Fellowship Sponsors:
Link to the website page : https://groyourbiz.com/groyour biz-fellowship/fellowship- sponsors/
• Annar Mangalji, CEO, Devonshire Dementia Care Home
• Brittany Manulak, Co-Principal, Concept Plumbing and Gas Ltd.
• Barbara Mowat, President, GroYourBiz Ltd.
• Cathy Press, CEO, Chinook Helicopters Ltd.
• Diane McCurdy, CEO, McCurdy Financial Planning Inc.
• Eva Sun, CEO, The Rice People
• Marla Kott, CEO, Imprint Plus
• Patra de Silva, President, NHV Natural Pet Products
• Sylvie Peltier, President, Red Letter Films
Congratulations to our 2017 Fellowship Recipients!
- Claudia Duffield, LUCIA Spaces (White Rock/Surrey, BC)
- Jaci Scully, Jaci Scully Creative (Phoenix AZ)
- Katya Boudjelloud, kbCreative Lab (Burnaby, BC)
- Kayla Peacock, Kale Ahhh’s Healthy Kitchen (Aurora, ON)
- Melanie MacKinnon, Nulantic Water Inc. (Halifax, NS)
- Nancy Tung, Practice for Systemic Wellness (Seattle, WA)
- Shirley Weir, Menopause Chicks (Burnaby, BC)
- Zamiha Desai, RecommendAsian Ltd. (London UK)