GroYourBiz™, is an initiative that brings a tactical and proven approach to meeting the needs of women business owners, who want to take their business to the next level. Founded in 2010 in British Columbia by Barbara Mowat, an International leader in helping women business owners, GroYourBiz™ brings together women-led businesses to form Board of Advisors in a confidential setting. Each month entrepreneurs will draw upon the skills, expertise, inspiration and energy of like-minded entrepreneurs offering practical solutions to attracting tomorrow’s customers and expansion needs.
The groups comprise of women business owners from diverse, non-competitive industries who meet once a month to solve problems, evaluate opportunities and work on an assortment of strategic and operational issues for each participant. Through these expertly facilitated discussions, participating business owners are able to grow their businesses, increase profitability and improve their lives by leveraging the knowledge and experience within their advisory boards. Over and above that, GroYourBiz™ has strategic partnerships with local and international prestigious organizations that participating women business owners are connected with, including, BMO Bank of Montreal, BMO Harris Bank, TELUS as well as from legal, and accounting, working together to foster and support small-medium enterprises (SMEs). GroYourBiz also provides a strategic alliance with WBE Canada—a unique network, which certifies women business enterprises as diverse suppliers and offer access to corporate supply chains; the Organization of Women in International Trade (OWIT) comprised of a network of 2500 international trade professionals located in North and South America, Europe, Africa and Asia; and Enterprising Women, which reaches one million readers in 185 countries.
The program known as MyBusinessMyBoard™ ™ has Advisory Boards active in Canada, the USA UK, and EU, as well as Global Virtual Boards!
Women business owners, who have senior responsibilities for the day to day running of the business and who demonstrate a readiness and commitment to take their business to the next level.
Women business owners who agree to the ground rules of confidentiality, commitment to attend a monthly meeting, as well as open communication at the meetings for the benefit of learning from each other.
* GroYourBiz™ Membership Requirements:
1. Women business owners will be interviewed on their readiness of commitment to grow their business and to have been in business for at least one year or have proven business/personal expertise.
2. Women business owners should have senior responsibilities for the day to day running of their business and be committed to set aside a minimum of three hours every month to attend monthly meetings and to focus on growing their business with the support of other women business owners who are committed to do the same.
3. Women business owners will be bound by the ground rules of confidentiality, commitment to attend meetings, as well as open communication at the meetings once the Advisory Board has formed.
4. All members within each Advisory Board must be in non-competitive businesses to contribute to the diversity of experience and knowledge and the confidential and trusting environment of the Advisory Board.
5. Members must commit to a one year term of membership and payment of dues as determined by GYB, and/or it’s designate.