GroYourBiz is proud to be a Supporting Partner of a competition which was initiated at our EXCELerate conference in 2017. We are pleased to share the announcement that applications are now being accepted for the WE Empower UN SDG Challenge! The challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Gaols. There are 17 UN SDG Goals including: Gender Equality, Climate Action, Responsible Consumption & Production, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions, to name a few. To view all SDG Goals, click here: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/sdgs
Five finalists, one from each UN Region, will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York City during the UN Global Goals week (September 24 – 29, 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events including:
- Participating in a live, dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that will bring together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;
- Attending a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
- Participating in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday, Sept 29th; and
- Participating at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
NOT only that but each Regional Awardee will receive additional prizes, including a special facilitated Virtual Advisory board membership with GroYourBiz. The Virtual Advisory board will help build a cohort and peer learning through support which includes member specific program content, training (expertise from top presenters, practical solutions to business challenges etc.) and advisory services (B2B cross marketing for new clients and markets, and an informal Board of Directors MyBusinessMyBoardTM etc.) For more information, please visit: http://www.groyourbiz.com
If you are a woman entrepreneur who is helping to shape community dialogue about women’s advancement and the SDGs in your region, Apply Now!
- Has your business been in operation for more than three years?
- Do you employ at least three full time staff (or full time equivalent)?
- Are you a for-profit or social entrepreneur? (for this competition, a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Does your business generate at least $100,000 USD in annual sales?
- Are you available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018?
Don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity! If you have any further questions, don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org