Learn How to “Master Your Disaster” from our very own Managing Director of Alberta, Leann Hackman-Carty ….. such an important read during the coronavirus pandemic.
Natural disasters are happening everywhere. Earthquakes, hurricanes, and man-made perils have left communities anxious and confused about their own emergency preparedness. In this unique guide, preparedness and recovery expert Leann Hackman-Carty shows you how to prepare your community for a number of devastating scenarios. Gleaned from years of experience with disaster recovery organizations, her specialized insight will help you understand the different levels of disaster preparation and recovery.
Leann Hackman-Carty discusses how to:
- understand the types and phases of a disaster
- know when to activate your plan and evacuate
- keep residents safe
- develop a disaster recovery framework
- identify recovery support functions
- communicate with local businesses and organizations
- use local, regional and federal programs as resources
- foster community economic resilience
- stop a natural disaster from catching you off guard